Pages 37-71 of “Twentieth Century Political Theory” by Eric Bronner. I need 5-6 sentences answers on each question.
1. What’s the difference between the mechanics of government and a thriving democratic community?
2. Is there a communitarian view of human nature?
3. Sandel argues that liberal democracy has become empty. How has it happened? Explicate his critique of Rawls.
4. Describe how the concentration of politics and economics has produced the “procedural republic”. How is this anti-democratic?
5. Sandel says that the nation has grown too big. What might he offer in its place?
6. How does Putnam define social capital? What are the reasons for its erosion?