There have been two theatrical film versions of Of Mice and Men. The first was made in 1939 and stars Burgess Meredith as George as Lon Chaney, Jr. as Lennie. The second was released in 1992 and stars Gary Sinese as George and John Malkovich as Lennie. Compare them and then compare each to Steinbeck’s novel. Show how both film versions depart from the novel and try to determine why. The why is very important here.
2. Discuss Steinbeck’s development as a writer during the early 1930’s with a particular focus on The Pastures of Heaven and Of Mice and Men. In particular, show how he matures in terms of the manner in which the two books are written. You may also want to read and reflect on Tortilla Flat since it was written and published almost midway between the other two books.
3. Do some digging and identify the three people who you believe had the greatest effect on Steinbeck’s development as a novelist. Note that your three must exclude Ed Ricketts since we all know how important he was. Once you identify your three selections, discuss the impact of each on Steinbeck and his writing.
It’s a English Literature class, talk about the book written by
For this assignment, you will write a five- to six-page paper on intellectual disabilities, including information from at least three peer-reviewed articles and the class text.
The paper must:
- Explain basic facts pertaining to the disability, including the legal definition, characteristics, and limitations in intellectual functioning and adaptive behavior.
- Analyze ways to address the needs of students within this disability category (strategies, accommodations, modifications, assistive technology).
- Analyze supplementary aids and services and/or related services that may be included in the individualized education program (IEP).
- Evaluate community resources, services, or agencies available for students and families for the selected disability category.
- Outline transition planning considerations for students with intellectual disabilities.
- Synthesize the literature and research to create inclusion tips to foster the least restrictive environment (LRE) for the student.
In addition, the paper:
- Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length, not including title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least six scholarly sources, including a minimum of three peer-reviewed articles.