Assignment 1: Discussionâ€”Activity-Based Costing System
Activity-based costing is one of the most accurate methods that can be used to allocate overhead. However, it is not often used in many smaller organizations due to the substantial cost involved with its implementation.
Using the module readings and the Argosy University online library resources, research the activity-based costing method. Use your research and/or your experiences as a working professional to complete this assignment.
Respond to the following:
- If you have utilized an activity-based costing system in your former or current employment, describe how this system had been used. In your response, be sure to include your experience and position on the effectiveness of the activity-based costing system. Support your ideas by drawing on your readings and scholarly articles.
- If you have not encountered this type of system in your work experience, assume a company needs to switch to an ABC system. Describe the common cost drivers that could be used.
- How would the organization identify the cost drivers?
- How would the organization use them in the implementation of this system? You may use your former or current company for the analysis.
By Saturday, November 22, 2014, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, November 26, 2014, review and comment on at least two peersâ€ responses.
Write your initial response in 300â€“500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peersâ€ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Initial response was:
- Insightful, original, accurate, and timely.
- Substantive and demonstrated advanced understanding of concepts.
- Compiled/synthesized theories and concepts drawn from a variety of sources to support statements and conclusions.
Discussion Response and Participation:
- Responded to a minimum of two peers in a timely manner.
- Offered points of view supported by research.
- Asked challenging questions that promoted discussion.
- Drew relationships between one or more points in the discussion.
- Wrote in a clear, concise, formal, and organized manner.
- Responses were error free.
- Information from sources, where applicable, was paraphrased appropriately and accurately cited.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Activity-Based Costing System appeared first on The Nursing TermPaper.