For this benchmark, create a PowerPoint presentation on the topic of evidence-based practices and collaboration for general education teachers and new special education teachers working in inclusive classrooms. Include a title slide, a reference slide, presenter notes, and 10-15 slides of content.
Include the following topics:
- Using evidence-based practices in the classroom that encourage challenging expectations for individuals with exceptionalities
- Fostering a culturally responsive collaborative environment in the classroom and school for teachers, students, and parents
- The roles teachers play in the COMPASS model of consultation and collaboration
- Collaborative approaches to helping students with ASD and their families
- Conflict resolution strategies applicable to collaborative relationships that respect and safeguard the rights of individuals with exceptionalities
Cite a minimum of three scholarly references within your presentation. Along with your presentation, create an evaluation to hand out at the end of the presentation. The evaluation should provide feedback on your presentation and its potential practical application from all in attendance.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Read “Compass: A Parent-Teacher Collaborative Model for Students with Autism,” by Ruble and Dalrymple, from Focus on Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities (2002).